Knowledgeable Wellington Lawyer Defends Clients Against Criminal Allegations, Regulatory Actions
and Complex Commercial Litigation Claims
Experienced Florida and national attorney offers representation at trial and on appeal
Facing criminal charges or administrative enforcement actions by regulatory authorities (e.g., enforcement actions by the SEC, the FDIC, the Department of Agriculture, etc), is overwhelming for most people and companies. The repercussions of a criminal conviction or an adverse result in an enforcement action can last far beyond the sentence or judgment, and can greatly alter the rest of your life. At The Law Office of Roma W. Theus, II, P.A., in Wellington, Florida, I have fought for the rights and freedom of my clients for the past 48 years in a variety of criminal and enforcement matters, such as those involving alleged violation of federal and state criminal laws and regulations. I represent individuals and companies throughout Florida in federal and state matters, as well as individuals and companies in federal criminal and enforcement matters upon pro hac vice admission in federal courts throughout the United States (e.g., the District of Delaware, the Northern District of Georgia, the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, the District of Puerto Rico), and will use all my skills and experience to work toward reaching the best possible resolution of your case.
Accomplished law firm offers dependable and effective legal services
When your freedom or the future of your company is on the line, you need an attorney you can trust. Accused individuals and companies throughout Florida and outside of Florida choose me to handle their defense because I am:
- An experienced courtroom litigator — A good litigator knows to construct arguments and effectively present information and with my decades of experience, I know how to reach judges and juries.
- Familiar with the applicable laws — Thoroughly understanding the different aspects of criminal law is central to defending a case. I have extensive knowledge of the criminal justice process and will diligently work to achieve the best possible outcome for you.
- Focused on litigation alternatives — Going to trial is not always the best way to resolve criminal allegations, and if appropriate for your case, I will pursue alternatives to quickly and fairly negotiate reduced charges or sentences.
I will strongly advocate on your behalf and give you the best options to work out your situation.
Dedicated advocate assists the criminally and civilly accused throughout Florida and elsewhere
For individuals in Florida confronting criminal charges, I offer proven legal representation in the areas of:
- Criminal defense — I have devoted my career to helping individuals involved in the criminal system by providing conscientious criminal defense representation to all my clients. I am also familiar with the unique rules and procedures involved in federal courts, so I can provide you with federal criminal defense for charges such as fraud and embezzlement and vigorously fight for your rights.
- Enforcement actions — I have also devoted a substantial part of my career to defending individuals and companies that are civilly prosecuted by regulatory and administrative agencies for alleged infractions of statutes, rules and regulations.
- Civil actions — I have also devoted a substantial part of my career to defending individuals and companies in complex commercial lawsuits.
- Appellate advocacy — Unfortunately, due to legal errors, the outcome at trial may not be correct, and appealing is sometimes necessary to right a wrong. Working at the appellate level requires a deep skill set to be effective and I have years of experience in appellate advocacy, which I will use to create the strongest possible argument to overturn the result of your case.
With nearly 50 years of legal experience, I know how to develop strategies to respond to the most complicated of issues. I will review your case and help you decide how to most effectively and lawfully proceed.
Contact a reliable Florida attorney to schedule a consultation
At The Law Office of Roma W. Theus, II, P.A. in Wellington, Florida, I represent individuals all over the United States in a variety of criminal and enforcement matters. Please call 954.281.4851 or contact my firm online to schedule a consultation.